Lotte Lehmann & Her Legacy
Volume 8: Artworks
By Gary Hickling
I produced a nine-volume series of multimedia Apple Books, Lotte Lehmann & Her Legacy, available free for download here. The unique and valuable aspect of these iBooks is that I could incorporate things such as audio and video links to enhance the reading experience.
Those who don’t have access to the correct Apple product to view the iBooks have two options. Below is my attempt to offer the contents of those volumes in a web format. I have tried to recreate the iBook multimedia experience as closely as possible, but there is no tool to convert an iBook into web content. In many places I used screen captures of pages and page sections taken straight from the iBook, in other places I copy and pasted text and pictures, so you will notice a variety of visual styles.
The second option for those without access to Apple products are downloadable PDF versions of the whole series available here, but without the audio, video, inserted articles, or galleries.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Lehmann Bio – A mini-biography
- Chapter 2: Photos of Lehmann – Unusual photographs
- Chapter 3: Galleries/Museums – Lehmann’s art work exhibited
- Chapter 4: Opera Roles & Lieder – Art work related to Lehmann’s singing
- Chapter 5: Felt and… The many genres in which Lehmann worked
- Chapter 6: Living with Art – Photos of Lehmann’s art in her home and in others’
- Chapter 7: Portraits – Lehmann’s drawings, paintings etc. of the people in her life
- Chapter 8: Abstract – Lehmann’s art in non-representational style
- Chapter 9: Cartoons – Lehmann’s friends and opera roles
- Chapter 10: Winterreise – LL’s painting, speaking, singing, and master classes
- Chapter 11: Dichterliebe – LL’s painting, speaking, singing, and master classes
- Chapter 12: Die schöne Müllerin – LL’s painting, singing, and master classes
- Chapter 13: Of Heaven, Hell & Hollywood – Lehmann’s original satirical story and her illustrations
- About the Author